G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out working on the layou today when I noticed a plant growing up through one of my bridges

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Ok JJ, fess up. When was the last time you ran a train? That plant didn't grow overnite.

·
Premium Member
5,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Last Train I ran was First part of DEC just before I started the 20 FT curve. In fact the run made me realize I needed to do something.

It is a fast growing desert plant of some kind. I run the water from the washing machine into a tank. I then let it run out over my property.

It is real interesting I move the hose often. I will move it to a dull / dirty green area and let it run. By the next morning all the plats are fresh and vibrant green

You can tell where the water stoppedl by the color of the plants.

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
I did not realize you have greenery on the ground. I thought it was all sand and rocks...

·
Premium Member
5,510 Posts
Posted By John J on 02/15/2009 2:07 PM
Last Train I ran was First part of DEC just before I started the 20 FT curve. In fact the run made me realize I needed to do something.

It is a fast growing desert plant of some kind. I run the water from the washing machine into a tank. I then let it run out over my property.

It is real interesting I move the hose often. I will move it to a dull / dirty green area and let it run. By the next morning all the plats are fresh and vibrant green

"water from the washing machine"???

Detergent, Bleach and fabric softener?

You must have the cleanest, whitest, softest grass in the world!

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Fess up JJ.
You cain’t fool an old New Yourker that ain’t Brooklyn, it’s da South Bronx.

Thththththth. ß Bronx Cheer!

Regards,

·
Premium Member
5,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Posted By Semper Vaporo on 02/15/2009 3:30 PM

Real men don't use fabric softner.

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
Posted By John J on 02/16/2009 9:42 PM
Posted By Semper Vaporo on 02/15/2009 3:30 PM

Real men don't use fabric softner.

Well said!!!

WTH's 'bleach'?

Les

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
J J just trim through the middle of it like a reverse mohawk no one will notice then and you will have beautiful growth on either side of the tracks everyone will think you planned it that way. Kind of like making lemonade out of Lemons. ya know. Hee hee The Regal

1 - 12 of 12 Posts