G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was watching Good Morning America the other day and I though I caught a news bit regarding the possibility of the Gov't sending out a second Economic Stimulus Package check later this summer. I know it was early, but was I dreaming? Has anyone else heard anything about this?

·
A Steamed Elder
3,857 Posts
The FIRST stimulus package was a joke. You'll be taxed on it again in April 2009. It's real nice of the "guvment" to give us our own money back! I understand it is for infrastructure, not individuals./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/angry.gif

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
Another required loan from the government. Don't worry, you will pay it back with lots of interest.

·
Premium Member
5,510 Posts
Posted By gary Armitstead on 06/11/2008 9:18 AM
The FIRST stimulus package was a joke. You'll be taxed on it again in April 2009. It's real nice of the "guvment" to give us our own money back! I understand it is for infrastructure, not individuals./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/angry.gif" border=0>" border=0>

Quote from Internal Revenue Service Notice Number CP 1378:

1st Paragraph: "Your Economic Stimulus Payment"

"You will not be required to report the amount of your stimulus payment as taxable income on your 2008 federal income tax return."

This is NOT to say that your general income taxes won't go up across the board, but the "Stimulus Check" itself is NOT required to be reported on your income tax return next year. It is just like you FOUND the money on the sidewalk and decided to spend it and not tell anybody that you found it.

·
Premium Member
5,510 Posts
Yes, it is YOUR OWN money, but it is money you paid for services received (albeit, maybe, unwanted, illmanaged, useless, extorted, or any other explitive deleted adverb/adjective/descriptive verb you wanna use) and you found it laying on the sidewalk after you got your receipt to show that you have paid your share in the bill.

Again, that does not mean that you will not have to foot the bill for the government no longer having the cash to pay the bills that said services are costing it to maintain.

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Actually, wouldnt it be more like finding 4,150 Chinese Yuan on the sidewalk, taking that to the currency exchange and getting $600.00 ?

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Posted By Semper Vaporo on 06/13/2008 7:12 PM
I got mine! Now I can pay for bottled water when the city has to shut the water off due to the flood!

I do hope you're out of the major flooding zone. Best wishes to you and yours...

·
Premium Member
5,510 Posts
I have lost nothing but convenience and sweat (and electric power for a short time twice). BUT, this is a DISASTER! It will be YEARS before the recovery is anywhere near what one would call complete. Water has receeded by about 1 block as of this morning... several block to go before the water is down enough for the brigdes to be inspected to allow traffic... maybe a week.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts