G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently a neighborhood cat thinks I've constructed him the worlds largest catbox, unfortunately (for him) it also happens to be my railroad. The little [email protected]$*@^% dropped in again last night and had a field day...

Grrrrrr...
But I think I've found a answer to my problem...

http://www.theairsoftsniper.com/

Don't worry, it shoots plastic bb's, non lethal.. I just want to sting his @$$ so bad he knows he's not welcome here. Anyway, to quote Tommy Lee Jones... "If ya kill 'em, they don't learn nuthin' "

·
Premium Member
1,976 Posts
Dave,

Shouldn't have used the catnip flavored mulch.

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
Sprinkle some powdered Cayanne Pepper on top of the layout from time to time, cats hate the stuff

·
Premium Member
1,976 Posts
Cayanne pepper is also good because it gives them a good flavor when you slow roast them... Oh wait, this isn't a cooking thread!

·
Premium Member
1,976 Posts
You could also plant spearmint, as it grows more like a weed, and that'd be more difficult for said putty tat to do his bidniss.

Just don't plant too much cilantro.

Who ever said we were using logic? Remember, we're 'grown men' playing trains outside. Maybe the cat is being critical of your railroad. Thinks you need a water feature.

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
Posted By Dave F on 09/02/2008 12:27 PM
Based on that logic, I should plant some basil, cilantro and thyme as well.

Well maybe, but I know the pepper powder works like garlic on a vampire, /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/hehe.gif dogs hate it too.

·
Premium Member
2,746 Posts
Posted By Burl on 09/02/2008 3:19 PM
I had the same problem, but with my masonry sand... someone kept hiding tootsie rolls in it.

Reminder to self: do not to dip into the candy bowl at Burls next time....../DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/satisfied.gif

G

·
0 Posts
Posted By Spule 4 on 09/02/2008 4:39 PM
Posted By Burl on 09/02/2008 3:19 PM
I had the same problem, but with my masonry sand... someone kept hiding tootsie rolls in it.

Reminder to self: do not to dip into the candy bowl at Burls next time....../DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/satisfied.gif" border=0>

HA HA HA that was funny.....:D/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/tongue.gif but you could also use a shovel, wack it in the head, dig a hole, and burry it...SIMPLE...NO?
Nick...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Posted By Dennis Paulson on 09/02/2008 6:08 PM
I have placecd moth balls in their favorite digs , which stopped them .

Believe it or not but mothballs in sufficient quantity even works for skunks! They last a long time too.

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
Our cats like easy digging places. Even extra litter boxs help here. The new dog Max keeps the cats off my RR.

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Dave F, I do have neighborhood cats like to hide inside my 3-track train tunnel in the winter snow storm. Even the cats like stay in tunnel for summer for cool off long i didnt bother that! But sometime i let my Two Yellow Lab "Lexi & Dooley" running around the backyard chase the cats and playing. i gotta to be careful not tear-up my garden railways. They just 2-year old my yellow Labs.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Formula 410? Lead injection usually does the trick.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts