G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somebody got her first train today. It's a LGB 2117D that's a lot older than she is. She also has 2 matching passenger cars, an aquarium car, a Dumbo car, a flat car and a caboose to go with it...of course she says it still needs a tender (more $$ for dad to spend, lol /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/tongue.gif" border=0>)

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Mik,
Nice to see a young girl taking a interest in trains. Hope she enjoys them.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She's only been asking for one since she was 5. She already had wooden trains (Brio and Thomas) but wanted an electric one to run under the tree at Christmas....I wonder if she'll try to make her mom rebuild the garden RR she ripped out, too? lol

Her older sister already has a HO Harry Potter set, some Faller "e" train stuff and pretty much appropriated the steam dummy I built from and Aristo 0-4-0 and B'mann coach

·
Premium Member
965 Posts
Great, Allen.
My grand daughter also is highly interested in trains... maybe more than her brothers.
JimC.

·
Premium Member
3,885 Posts
The LGB powered sound tender will go well with that engine and increase the pulling power. Street prices are around $200. You get chuff and with magnets a whistle and bell.

Or the LGB toytrain tender which is small looking but is more like $60. both black and green versions are available. Greeting card sound is in this unit at the push of a button.

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
Get her a tender!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts