G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today was a day of celebration beyond compare in Rogue County!! After what seems like an eternity and empty acreage, track was laid!

With the wonderful help of daughters Zena (surprise visit back from UCSC) and Dana (DTG, Dana the Great to those in the know) 5 tracks were laid in a short space of time!

While the track was simply laid out as was convenient, the newly graded, based and graveled area was a joy to work on.

Shagamauw Lumber loaned out its Shay to do the track testing and cleaning responsibilities.

Towns were reborn in an instant in the capable hands of DTG.

Rogue County's Armored Fairlie was brought out to check the right of way for any signs of...shhh...Lemurians!

The ponderous and powerful loco must have frightened the .... you know who... away, because there was no sign of anything of any consternation.

Immediately, the powerful Frumious was brought to steam and the brave citizens of Rogue County were off on a tour of the new trackage!

And then, wonder of wonders... the PALINDROME! Perhaps Rogue County's favorite locomotive followed the tour.

And as is customary on Rogue County days of merit, the "special" car was brought out followed by four tank cars filled with Rogue County's own unique brand of...beverage. Freely distributed everywhere along the right of way, virtually every citizen of the county had a meritorious celebration of what some are calling, " The Rebirth of Rogue County!"

Tears of joy filled the eyes of many, children wept, women fainted and grown men drunk themselves into a stupor at the glorious site of trains running once again in Rogue County. What a day!

Chris

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
Very interesting layout. I especially like the meandering inside loop. Does the outside loop run through that tree?
Steve

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
"it looks like Chris got stoned. "

Looks more like he made up for months of deprivation all in one day.

Chris; I'm glad to see you're back up and running, although I guess that reduces your incentive to bring trains here to run.

Welcome back to the land of the tiny trains.

·
A Steamed Elder
3,857 Posts
I just gotta hire that Rogue County crew to lay track in Burbank! Congrats on the new railroad. Very cool.

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
TWISTED, like its owner !!!

Hey Chris at least you got track outside, all I still have is my little indoor dog and pony show. Makes me really want to get serious clearing out all the junk in that back corner and lay track, maybe I should just take my chances with the wife's sauna plans.

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
Good to see you back up and running again.
Boy you sure put that track down fast.
It was not down when I left yesterday afternoon.

·
Premium Member
965 Posts
Chris,
Congratulations on getting Rogue County operational. We look forward to lots more pictures now.
Jim C.

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
WONDERFUL!!! Chris! It's clear that trackage on the Rogue County runs as straight and rigorous as the imagination of its Chief Operating Officer! I'm sure that somewhere, hidden in that pretzel, is the turnout that leads to Lemuria, Pellucidar, and 221B Baker St.!

One problem however... It's clear that you've gone through a time warp somewhen... because you said that Zena was visiting home from U.C.S.C. Being a one-time Banana Slug, I happen to know that that school is a State University, usually open only to students who have matriculated from High School, usually 18 years of age, etc.

Now I'm sure that I last saw Zena about 3 years ago, and I believe that she was 12 at the time. So whazzup with that, huh?

Whatzat? You say time flies as I get older? Nonsense sir, and if you'll just show me the way OUT of this phone booth...

·
Premium Member
926 Posts
Chris, you may have given me the inspiration to actaully lay some track outdoors. Or I may just take a nap. :) Nice work, though.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Cool.
Way cool...
And for the record *I* saw at least two straight pieces in there...

:)

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks, guys. It really felt great to run trains at home again. I love it. The track is just temporary, something to run trains and no more so I won't be doing landscaping,mountains, rivers, streams, etc. That's still somewhere in the future. So don't worry, Brian, someday the real Rogue County will rise!

The really squiggly loop is actually my favorite one! It's all 4' dia. starter set track and there isn't a straight section in it. It was hilarious watching the Shay maneuver around it!

John C. and Gary O.- what can I say, I told you I was itching to get some track down! Zena and I went fishing in the morning, but we came back early due to too much seaweed in the water. I started laying out the track to see what was possible and I guess I just got carried away!

The outside loop that looks like it goes into the tree is the only point to point track. It starts at the tree and runs around 3/4 of the rest of the track.

Mr. Woolard; I completely agree with your memory of the situation. In my mind, it was three years ago that you were here and Zena was 12. However, she is a headstrong young lady and has insisted on racing ahead to the age of TWENTY without first properly notifying me. But I think she may always be twelve in my eyes.

At any rate, it felt fantastic to be able to run trains again!!!!

Chris

·
Vendor
3,317 Posts
Posted By cjwalas on 01/25/2009 6:09 PM

Tears of joy filled the eyes of many, children wept, women fainted and grown men drunk themselves into a stupor at the glorious site of trains running once again in Rogue County. What a day!

Chris

After seeing the layout and how the track's been laid, that's the only way the citizens of Rogue County could act. They were awestruck, absolutely stunned beyond belief.

Yes, only from the mind of ............

Wonderful, Chris. So happy to see you running trains again. And that the girls pitched in to help. :) :) :)

What's next?????

1 - 20 of 34 Posts