G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
The SHASTA PACIFIC hosted the club meeting for July this morning. As it was forcasted to be 102 we had an early morning meet
with coffee and donuts.
I took a few pictures before everyone arrived and thought you might like to see a couple.

Thanks for your time.
Rick Marty

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
Beautiful work, great layout

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi all,
Glad you enjoyed the pictures. We sure had fun running trains and shooting the breeze Saturday morning.

Ray,
Yes I like that shot as well. The early morning sun casting shadows is a nice effect and I managed to keep my head shadow out of the picture.

Hi Richard,
The turntable itself is several years old but the pit and installation at this location is new this past year. It is basically a standard Southern Pacific 56' table but instead of the standard A Frame I used the Gallows style like at San Louis Obispo. Just to be different.

Richard W.
Yes the Iron Works is one of my favorite buildings. Based on a couple of local businesses dating back to the 1870's up to the 1940's. I was able to interview a fellow that worked there in the 1930's, his father owned it from the 20's to the 40's. They were the West Coast's leading producer of "BIG WHEELS" logging arches in the days of their use.

Hi Del,
That is the engine house pass through to the inside of the "train shed". The doors open and the trains run through to the inside benchwork, no handeling.
The lettering on the stock cars in pictures 3 & 4 are from your shops, sure look good, thanks.

Thanks for the interest.
Rick Marty

1 - 11 of 11 Posts