G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

I have just gotten into large scale trains but I did want to pass on this story.

I have a three year old grandson that absolutely loves trains (in fact he is a little like his grandpa and a bit obsessed with trains but at least its not video games). Anyway he loves to lay on the floor and "read" my Garden Railways magazine (or my N Scale magazines) and will lay by the hour and slowly turn the pages looking very closely at every single page. He does not rip them but treats them with care (which coming from a three year old is pretty remarkable). Right now he has two kinds of trains that he loves to play with, the wooden Thomas series and Fisher Price Geo Trax (grandpa adds trains periodically). He can keep himself occupied all day just playing with them and I see his spatial capabilities and skills expanding greatly because of it. There is a future generation that will hopefully love trains as much as many of us.

Rich

·
Registered
17 Posts
great story, i find kids today are turning back to this hobby and others as they know that when they have played all the games and have no more left,thats it,but with a train set,you can chop and change the way it looks add to it,etc,and all the time they are learning,at least thats how i see it with my 7 kids ken

·
Registered
216 Posts
I remember my little face and hands pressed against the glass of a newsagency that sold some Hornby HO trains every time I went passed.
Mum enquired one day and they were way too expensive - Total denial.
I now still suffer from this denial 45 years later and can't kick it.
The trains just got BIGGER and now I got my own money.

Trains are great ! - they have all the bells and whistles.
I think they are great learning toys which nurture intelligence in many ways.

Andrew the train nutter

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.