G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today, 8/23, Susie and I celebrate 40 years together. The day started by going to the YMCA, mowing the yard, and running the SD45 coal train. We will eat lunch with daughter, son-in-law and grandkids, and go to dinner theater this evening.
Susie is the best thing that ever happened to me. [even though she is only luke-warm on trains].

Then:

Now:

Jim and Susie Carter

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Congratulations Jim & Susie on your 40 years together! Doesn't really seem that long does it?

Helen and I will be married 40 years in October so we're right behind you! We'll have to all get together to celebrate our 50th by taking a train ride (sure to excite our partners) ;)! :)

·
Old Senior Member
1,456 Posts
Happy Anniversary Jim & Sue. We're right behind you.. Noel & Jane

That still can get you in trouble.. hahhahaha... [even though she is only luke-warm on trains].

·
Registered
148 Posts
Sticking together through thick and thin throughout the years is what counts! Congratulations to both of you for a job "Well Done"!!:) Well, maybe not a "job", but you know what I mean.:rolleyes:

·
Just another old guy
786 Posts
What a great post to read. Congratulations.

Tommy, Jacque (who's not too keen on trains either) and Grace:cool:
Rio Gracie

·
Registered
183 Posts
Congratulations to you both! The photos are amazing. How is it that Suzie didn't age at all while you did? Was it 40 years of being married to a RR nut or did you marry a child bride?:D
Couldn't have been the former since my exwife was married to a RR nut (well, anyway a nut) and our marriage only last one fifth the length of yours.

Mark

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
Congratulations Jim and Susie!

40 years is quite an accomplishment, one you should both be proud of!

Happy Anniversary and may you have many many more!

Jim & Becky

·
Premium Member
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
To All,
Thanks for the kind and wonderful comments, well wishes, and... jabs..... Yes, I have aged much more than Susie. She is even a few days older than I am [Shhhh.].
If you are interested in seeing the announcement that was in the newspaper, along with an extended profile/pictures, that are online with the Wichita Eagle newspaper, go to:
http://www.legacy.com/Kansas/Celebrations.asp?Page=Announcement&PersonID=116113239
The day went perfectly. The weather was hot, but not oppressive, trains ran well, Wichita Botanic Gardens were beautiful, Grandkids were happy, Shrimp Lunch was good, and the Crown Uptown dinner playhouse was very funny.
Again, thanks for the supportive comments. Our next goal is 50 years.
Susie and Jim Carter

1 - 14 of 14 Posts