G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

At last having been held up with holidays and bank holidays my Accucraft Mason Bogie has arrived! It is the green version and looks superb, and it also has a straight reach rod!

Needless to say once I had managed to get inside its almost coffin shaped carrier, and removed all the polythene packagingand admired the new addition. No 'manual' tjhough! but that can easily be rectified.as it can be downloaded off the web, and there is not much in it really for the electric versions like mine.

The bell ropes and whistle, and the loose sand pipe on the firemans side are not yet added and the (slightly bent) bolts with the springs on need reducing and a coal load added on the empty tender, which incidentally has pre drilled holes for a loudspeaker in the base.
Can anyone tell me what the swith on the nearside underneath the tender is for please?

Is it on/ off, which I suspect?

Natuturally the camera was brought out for some photos of it and here are the first of them.

r

Enjoy, I think it looks superb, but then I am biased to say the least.

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
A magnificent locomotive, a great choice of livery!
Looks even better on the trestle with your rolling stock.
How many Mason Bogies is that now?

Alec.

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
Greetings,

I looked at my manual and according to the wiring diagram it is an on/off switch for the motor. I really had not paid much attention to the diagram as I have the Live Steam version. Check all of the screws for being tight, I missed one and it fell out the second time I ran mine. It ran fine till then so I can't blame it, I should have done a better job of checking the screws myself. Have fun. When I ran it at Stavers I thought that it was one of the best looking locomotive there.

·
A Steamed Elder
3,857 Posts
Very nice Peter. That is my favorite livery for this engine!

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
I generally like my locomotives a bit weathered and rather mundane but every time I see something like this....well, wow! That is absolutely gooorgyous!

·
Super Modulator
20,764 Posts
Dear Zoe: We see you are new and enthusiastic.

Don't make the mistake many newbies do, run around and dredge up old threads just to say it looks good.

Greg

·
Super Moderator
4,961 Posts
Zoemacrossan, welcome to MLS.

Just to clarify, there is no rule here forbidding members from commenting on old threads. If there was, we'd simply automate things so that a thread is locked after a certain period of time. We don't do that. It is often considered "bad form" to re-open really old threads, but it's not anything that we moderators frown upon from a "rules" standpoint.

From a personal standpoint, I don't mind the occasional old thread being revived. Chances are, the person reviving it has been inspired by something pretty cool, and it's neat to revisit old, inspiring posts that have otherwise been forgotten.

Later,

K

·
Registered
170 Posts
Well he had me fooled - I was just about to go to the Accucraft site and check out price and availability.

Unfortunately, I don't think they build locos like that anymore - does anyone know what the typical price for a second hand one might be?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts