G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friends,
I see that they are listed as 'Available' from Wholesale Trains. Anyone got one yet. Give us a report and a few photos please. I know this is NOT and LGB mogul, but the price is right if the loco is any quality at all. I know Piko has made some nice items in European style, so maybe they are on track for an American winner! Please post some reviews.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Hmmmmm. That is strange Mike. Have you talked with them? They have it listed as "available" which usually means they can get it in a few days. I was also wondering what scale that Mogul is. I agree with Ted, that is an interesting looking engine.

Ed

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wholesale Trains.com has them listed as available. They originally listed as March 20, then changed to March 30. They are now listed as available.

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Just had a look on the site.That is one strange looking locomotive selectively compressed in a number of directions.Listed at $152? drive looks similar to their BR switcher.
David

·
Premium Member
2,746 Posts
Ted et al:

Nothing in this month's Piko monthly newsletter, and the website shows the model coming at the end of this year:

Artikelnummer: 38210
Artikelbezeichnung: G Dampflok mit Tender
Baugröße: G
Stromsystem: Gleichstrom
Lüp [mm]: 330
Mindestradius mm: 600
Erscheinungstermin: IV. Qtl. 2011
Preis €: 209.00 €

·
Premium Member
2,746 Posts
Posted By david bunn on 03 Apr 2011 07:41 AM
Just had a look on the site.That is one strange looking locomotive selectively compressed in a number of directions.Listed at $152? drive looks similar to their BR switcher.
David

Hmm, you are right. To the point that maybe with some of the BR80 lok's parts one could make a bastardized European loco. Hmm.

http://www.champex-linden.de/downlo...200_et.pdf

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Friends,
You are all getting at why I posted the first post. The photo states 'pre production sample'. The final product may or may not look anything like the photo being shown. If and when someone gets the actual loco, please post some photos and review. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,910 Posts
If it's the same drive mechanism/frame as the PIko 0-6-0, I'd avoid it. I had two versions of the engine, and they both routinely slipped out of quarter and ground gears even under very light service. I think the axle opening in the fremes allow the wheels to move up and down to much, which causes it to slip teeth. I was so disgusted after the second one failed that I gave up.

There were a lot of nice things about that 0-6-0, and I hoep the fix it--it would be a good addition to large scale market
@import url(http://www.mylargescale.com/Provide...ad.ashx?type=style&file=SyntaxHighlighter.css);@import url(/providers/htmleditorproviders/cehtmleditorprovider/dnngeneral.css);

·
Registered
258 Posts
As far as I'm concerned, available means just that. Available.
If it isn't then Wholesale trains should state that.
Unless they mean, "available--sometime in the future."

·
Premium Member
6,042 Posts
From experience, in dealing with online discounters is; 'Available' means they will hold your CC info until they can get the loco and then will charge you, whether or not you still want it 7 months later.
In Stock is something that means something.

John

·
Premium Member
4,235 Posts
A few years ago I ordered several cars from a major on line dealer. A couple of the cars were in stock and one wasn't. I ordered the two cars that were in stock and they shortly arrived. I do not believe that I back ordered the third car, but 6 months later it arrived duly charged to the card I used for the earlier order. Needless to say I have not used them since that incident.

Chuck

·
Premium Member
2,746 Posts
Yup, been there, that is why I pick up the phone and ASK if it is in stock.

But even then, not 100%....I called one vendor that had an LGB car I was looking for and they said yes, we have it here. Order gets to the house, and yup, no car. Called them back, apparently it was an empty box on the shelf. Did not think I had to ask if they had the item and the box!!!

So it goes, so it goes.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Friends,
The Piko Mogul is shown (as a drawing I think) in the new October issue of Garden Raiulway's. Anyone have news of this or the D&RGW caboose (remake of MDC version)? Is the caboose brown or red? I guess I'm asking for any updates!

1 - 20 of 105 Posts