·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[No message]

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Tom thanks for sharing. Congrats on your Chicago Marathon. Are you still running??? Although maybe not in this weather.

I also know the long way to run feeling. I just finished my first Ultra Marathon, the 50 mile JFK50.

I also have been a long time supporter of World Vision. Among the finest out there. Currently we are supporting children in La Paz Mexico.

Running Trains and Trains Running two of the great pleasures of life.

Tom

·
Registered
350 Posts
Congratulations.

It is difficult to enjoy my trains knowing that the cost of an engine could provide water for a village without water or food for a family that subsists on as little as $1.60 a day for food. We must all remember how fortunate we are and consider helping when we can. My wife and I give to several good charities and it would behoove all of us to dig down and maybe forego an extra piece of rolling stock or some track to help those who cannot help themselves.

Please consider supporting the good of all mankind this holiday season.

Happy holidays to all.

Charley

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A missionary from Africa told me, "Don't feel guilty about being American or even being rich. This is where God placed you. Just help."

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
The local United Way was paying someone (can't think of her name) over 1 million dollars a year !! They will never see a penny from me ever again.

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't do United Way. Pick a charity and support it directly.

And send some money to the Boy Scouts!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts