G Scale Model Train Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Greg, the GAL is only lightly etched so if it is something you don"t like a quick smear of putty makes it go away since you have to paint the truck after assembly. Well I got the kit in the mail yesterday but work called so the build will start tomorrow. The laser etched diamond plat is amazing and the 6 working outriggers look extend the way they should. The boom has so many details, it even has the small stablizer brackets to keep it from swinging. It came cut on 6 black 12" x 24" styrene sheets and the cuts are so fine you can start dry fitting the parts go together that easy. Alan will be building one also and already well started and has sent me progress pics and you will love it. There are no instructions yet so as he is building his he is documenting it and taking photos. He has sent me what he has done to date and I will try to keep up with him. Jackl @import url(http://www.mylargescale.com/Providers/HtmlEditorProviders/CEHtmlEditorProvider/Load.ashx?type=style&file=SyntaxHighlighter.css);@import url(/providers/htmleditorproviders/cehtmleditorprovider/dnngeneral.css);

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Alan, Yours looks great, mine is coming along but a little slower, all pieces fit perfect so far. Jack

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
If I'm not mistaken the two hooks should not have crossed cables. Other wise a very nice job and well done. Later RJD

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Just got an Email from Alan and the idler is in the mail. Trying to get the crane and idler and the Box Cab done for the Spring ECLSTS show.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts