G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I am new to the forums so I am looking for anyone who can help me. I am looking for part # 107 gear for the 20892 engine. I need 8 of them.
I use these engines to pull approx 30 cars 8 hrs a day 6 days a week in a restaurant. Been down for a few months. Local shop can't get the gears because of LGB being out of buisness.

If gears are not a option I am open for suggestions on another engine that can handle the everyday use.

Appreciate anyone's help.

Jerry

·
Premium Member
3,886 Posts
The idler/intermediate gear on the mallet is different than the F7 or Mogul gear as the tooth section is much wider.
Not sure if the standard replacement part will work correctly.
And the 2-4-0 uses a different gear than all the above mentioned engines.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dan, Not sure what you mean when referring to the F7 and the 2-4-0.
What I do know is I have a Sumpter Valley, and the Train Shop who does my repairs has asked me to try and locate part # 107. They gave me a parts sheet w/ a model # of 20892

I own two of these Sumpter Valley's, the reason for 8 of the 107's.

Thanks,
Jerry

·
Registered
188 Posts
Okay, finally found that sheet. Here are the gears that NWSL offers for LGB:

#2230-6 $24.95 LGB 2-4-0 compound gear 34T WG-25T SG x 3.0mm bore
#2222-6 $24.95 LGB Mogul, F7, etc. 31T-34T Compound SGd/WGd x 3.0mm bore

One of these might work for the Sumpter Valley mallet....

·
Registered
158 Posts
Jerry,

Try checking with Silvergate Manufacturing.

Hope this helps! :)

http://shopatron.bm23.com/public/?q=ulink&fn=Link&ssid=9042&id=28wa3l5gtd25ppmewejld8zt6ttl6&id2=ega7xrryp63spgdsc6fp7zt8kgaic

Looking for LGB parts?
Need to get your LGB train serviced?
Original part supplies are limited.
Be sure to order your parts while they are still available.

Silvergate Manufacturing has a variety of parts for LGB engines in stock and available to the public.

Also, Silvergate Manufacturing has started making new replacement parts for LGB trains to help you keep your engines running for future generatons to come.

Just email your parts inquiry to [email protected] or fax us at (858) 444-8290.

In light of the progress that we are making with the fabrication of parts, Silvergate Manufacturing will be performing repairs (non-warranty) on LGB engines and electronic components.

Our technicians, formerly of LGB of America, have been working with LGB trains since 1988. Please email us at [email protected] and let us know what model engine that you have, the symptoms you are experiencing, so we can assess the repair to determine the likely solution and availability of parts.

As in the past, we look forward to hearing from you and keepng your trains running strong!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Barry from Silvergate said he would have the gears in a couple of weeks. That's great news.

Thanks all for your help,
Jerry

1 - 7 of 7 Posts