G Scale Model Train Forum banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
Ok so the 2m R is about 6' 8" 2.9 m radius is about 9' 7" I have many times run it on 10 ft radius and it is not a challenge, from the pics posted above it is safe to say 5 ft radius is out of the question. would guess if the track work was near perfect through the turn it might just make the 2m radius.. but I have never tried it. And yes that is my Mikado on the web site.
Jeff

·
Premium Member
5,510 Posts
The smaller of my two loopbacks is about 16-ft across (diameter) so I know both my Aster USRA Light Mikados will traverse an 8-ft RADIUS (i.e.: it is not just an odd fluke of one of them). I also know I tried it once on something smaller that it worked on. It has been a while so I am not sure I remember what that radius was but I think it was 6-ft Radius (12-ft Diameter). And as you can see from the photo I posted earlier it didn't like the 5-ft Radius (10-ft Diameter).

That "2.9m" specified on the Aster USA web site is definitely a typo; everything else I have or have seen says "2.0 Meter" (6-ft, 6.74-Inches).

·
Registered
474 Posts
Friends,
The Southeast Garden Railroad Show set for May 1-2 in Dalton is progressing nicely. The show was originally in Perry (for the last 3 years) and hosted by Aristo-Craft Trains. A new promoter has taken up the show (he does the Heart of America Large Scale Show for the last 2 years). It is stricktly large scale. There are currently two Florida clubs, a live steam track, our Georgia Garden Railway Society's layout and hopefully a Tennessee group or two bringing operating layouts. Several BIG dealers are coming along with several smaller mom and pop specialty type dealers. The GA bunch will host a banquet with guest speaker and door prizes on Friday night AND a self-guided layout tour on Sunday. Yes, it is a BIG show, so please plan to be there. I will be there for sure!
Tenneessee Valley Railroad will host Thomas that same weekend (advanced reservations required). Bring the kids or grandkids!

·
Registered
474 Posts
Friends,
Only 4 months from today will be the 2009 Southeast Garden Railway Show in Dalton, Georgia. 4 months! There will be a banquet (with door-prizes), clinics, display layouts from several clubs, dealers and manufacturer displays. On Sunday, the Georgia Garden Railway Society will have a self guided layout tour (including one featured in Garden Railway's magazine). Thomas the Tank engine will be at the Tennessee Valley Railroad the same weekend, so bring the kids or grandkids and make a great vacation! Go to http://www.segrs.com/ for more info. The site will be updated regularly, so check back often for latest updates and banquet and tour info!

·
Registered
474 Posts
Friends,
Check out the ad on page 7 of the February 2009 Garden Railway's magazine! Things are shaping up to be a FANTASTIC show! See y'all soon!

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
There will also be several newsletters that will be sent out by email to anyone interested. This will have more specific details on events at the show and around the area, hotels, banquet details, featured vendors and manufacturers and more. If you have any questions or want to be on the mailing list, just send an email to

[email protected]

and I will put you on the list

David Roberts
913-406-3400

41 - 46 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.