G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I talked with Lewis Polk today regarding the SELSTS. I told him I was interested in keeping it going. He gave me his blessings to continue the show.

Therefore, I plan to do the show on the same dates and times.

We are working on getting a show car

I'm looking forward to the show and expect it to be a success.

I can use all the help I can get to get people coming to the show.

I guess the south will rise again.

David Roberts

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
Posted By gscaleisfun on 11/03/2008 7:09 PM

I guess the south will rise again.

See if you can get Charlie Daniels to do a benefit concert....

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Dave, since you have our attention, why don't you go ahead and post the date and place here.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I originally thought about having it the same time and place as announced. However, My helpers down in that area are saying that there might be better locations in Ga that would make the show more complete, accessable, and fun.

I will let everyone know when I know. That should be soon. I'm thinking May 1 & 2 will probably be the time.

David

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
Well isn't this interesting. Lets see if it can happen. And what will it be called? Later RJD

·
Registered
474 Posts
RJ,
David has permission from Aristo, so I am thinking it will still be SELSTS. As all gets worked out, more will be posted. David has been in touch by e-mail with our clubs board of directors. The live steam track is committed to attend as is our club layout (in theory).

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
This is still interesting. Have you ever put on show? Later RJD

·
Registered
474 Posts
RJ,
See the sponsor of this forum topic. The HEART OF AMERICA SHOW is Davids. I think we will be like Allstate, and be in good hands!

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
RJ
Dave is the one who heads up the HAGRS shoiw in KC, I've been there couple of times. we had hoped Lewis would jump on board with a booth.

I just don't know about the dates and I know Dave has his hands full with the KC show on his home ground.

I would also suggest changing the name so it won't be condused on who is head of it.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Guys,
You will be impressed! David has been hard at work to make the Southeast Garden Railway Show a huge success. Watch this forum as well as Garden Railway's magazine for full details of the May 1-2 show at the NorthWest Georgia Trade and Convention Center in Dalton, Georgia. The Georgia Garden Railway Society will host the banquet again.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Jeff,
One of our other club members will have to answer that question, as I do not know the size. It is the same track that has been at the last two or maybe three SELSTS's in Perry. It was orginally made in Dalton (no, it is not made of carpet) so the live steam track will really just be having a homecoming!

G

·
0 Posts
Looks like it will be about the same distance from home:

Walking to Dalton, GA
215 mi â€" about 3 days 0 hours

Driving in truck
255 mi â€" about 4 hour-extra miles to stay on Hwy

·
Registered
474 Posts
Jeff,
I got the LIVE STEAM info for you:
The bench work is 16 feet by 26 feet.
Outside track has 5 foot radius curves and the inside track has 4.5 foot radius curves.

You can see photos at the Georgia Garden Railway Society site (under past shows and meeting link)

·
Registered
474 Posts
Bob,
ECONOMICS! Perry was MUCH more cost effective that Atlanta. Dalton is less than Chattanooga (about the same as Perry).

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
Jeff we run our Mikes on both tracks with out problems. If you have something you want to run bring it with ya table is open running. Later RJD/GGRS

1 - 20 of 46 Posts