G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm starting to work up a plan to attend....and combine it with a Colorado vacation...to see the D&SRR, C&TS, and others. Who else will be the convention? Would you be interested in an MLS get together during the convention?

·
Premium Member
2,195 Posts
Hey Mike,
I'll definitely be there for the last three days of the convention and we'll see about any more! A get together sounds great!

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Hi Mike
I was coming over for 30 days to see everybody again but looks like it is a no go due to the present economic situation.

I have done two such trips to Colorado and had a great time and this was to be my last but would cost several thousand Dollars more because of the rate of exchange as I am
from the UK.

To anybody that has not done the Convention and trip round Colorado it is well worth it LOTS to see so plan ahead it can be a once in a lifetime trip I have 1000 photos to remember it all by.

Having done it before it is the People I met that I will miss most so my best wishes to you all

Frustrated Dave

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Mike The Regal here I am planning on attending, probably friday, Saturday, and maybe Sunday, depending on my situation here at home. Looking forward to actually meeting all you guys from chat and here on MLS in person. The Regal

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
Greg now that is interesting. Going to Convention in Colo, Now I suppose I'm to go also? Later RJD

·
Administrator
5,695 Posts
I have my room reserved. I've never ridden the CO narrow gage... can ya believe it? Now I'll get my chance! :)" src="http://www.mylargescale.com/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/smile.gif" align="absMiddle" border="0" />

Yeah, I'd love an MLS get-together! Always a high point in any trip!
Strike that. I was thinking of the NNG Con in Sept.

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
If I can afford to make a trip to the USA this year I will have a choice between attending Marty Cozads bash or the GR Convention.

Marty will win that one easily.

·
Premium Member
965 Posts
Susie and I will be there. We are just not sure which days yet. We have to work around a niece's wedding in Lawrence, KS. Absolutely, there needs to be both a Roundhouse get-together as well as a MLS [reunion].
We already have our reservations at my cousin's house.

JimC.

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
Nevermind... I also pulled a Dwight [:)" src="http://www.mylargescale.com/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/smile.gif" align="absMiddle" border="0" />]

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
This will be our first g scale convention we will arrive sun the 5th. We are going to do the drivers special and stay about three extra day after the convention to ride cumbres&tolec rr,pikes peak and the royal gourge and also go to the four corners. Hope to get to meet some mls folkes

·
Super Moderator
4,960 Posts
I dunno. That 20-minute drive to the convention hotel's gonna be brutal for me. I may have to take a pass. ;)

I'll be there, and I'll have the railroad open for the tours. I'm not on the bus tours, so if you want to see my railroad, rent a car and bring the GPS.

I'll probably also be at the narrow gauge convention in September, at least for a day or two. I might be persuaded to have the railroad open for MLSers going to that convention, but September is too far away to plan right now.

Later,

K

·
Premium Member
926 Posts
Kevin, you answered my question about seeing your layout. There's a possibility that I might pop up for a couple of days, but not the whole week, as Saturday the 11th is our 40th anniversary and I hate to subject my wife to a week of waiting on me as I trapse through people's backyards, just so she could enjoy that special dinner dinner. So if I can get a cheap airfare (our travel budgetis feeling the pinch), I might do a couple of days. Honestly, I'd just like to see the very best layouts and take in the vendors' exhibits. Riding the narrow gauge, which I truly enjoy, I can do at any time. BTW, if you don't mind telling tales out of school, e-mail me and tell me which layouts you would see(nudge-nudge, wink-wink).

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
We made our reservations for air,car and room we are staying at the sleep inn $47.99 plus tax a nigth now i need to get a gps to find our way around. Any suggestions on a easy to use gps. Simpiler the better if you know what i mean.

·
Super Moderator
4,960 Posts
I just got a Garmin Nuvi (I forget exactly which model number), which is an absolute no-brainer to operate. It's the one that sells for between $200 - $250, depending on where you look. You turn it on, type in where you want to go, and it gets you there. We an older version of the Nuvi in Phoenix this past summer, and it was MUCH easier than relying on the maps. Definitely wouldn't travel without one now.

Later,

K

1 - 20 of 61 Posts