G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Each year the Ottawa Valley Garden Railway Society ( www.ovgrs.org ) host an event in Ottawa Ontario called the American Invasion. This year's American Invasion is scheduled for Friday through Sunday July 17-19. The American Invasion is a get together of garden railroaders in the Ottawa Valley with many of our friends from south of the border. The event itself is focussed on prototypical operations in a garden railroad setting. We also host some members of the Finger Lakes Live Steamers and the Upstate New York Live Steamers so live steam takes its place beside the battery operated motive power of other attendees.

The weekend is kicked off on Thursday afternoon as the participants arrive ... my Northland Railroad hosts some steaming and free running. Friday morning, Fred Mills' IPP&W is the host venue for a formal ops session. Friday afternoon will again see a visit to David McCurdy's enormous version of the RGS. Saturday will feature a day long ops session broken by lunch. At this point, sunday is still undecided ... some folks will be heading home but for those who stay, some interesting activities will be developed. At this point, we are still working out the details of a possible visit to the Finger Lakes Live Steamers in Marengo NY for monday's trip back to the USA.

Everyone is welcome to join us for this weekend of operations and the comraderie that has long been part of this annual event. If anyone is considering coming to Ottawa please contact me for full details.

Regards ... Doug

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
I wrote it into my handy MLS calendar.

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
Doug,
Jane and I are looking at vacation scenarios that would include the Invasion. We had a grand time when we attended a few years ago and I am planning an improved live steamer that would successfully perform the duties required for an operations session more rigorous than what was assigned to me last time.
Hope you can make your visit to the FLLS and other events in New York a reality.
Best,
Tom

1 - 5 of 5 Posts