G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Tom,

I checked and my backyard is still there as it was in 2007, although we are expecting some flakes today. I've been waiting for snow to test the snow plow on my K-27 and plan to make a video of it. By the way, how come you have a red dot and I have a green dot?

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Will you all please keep the white stuff at your abodes. Here in Maryland (NE Corner adjoining PA and DE) it is cold and a little windy with bright blue sky and NO WHITE STUFF...YEAH!
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL
Noel

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
It was flurrying earlier today in NJ. Thank goodness that stopped! As much as I love the stuff, and love photographing it, it sure can make a mess of things. Before it really starts, I need to finish developing that rotary!

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
One year ago this week we rang out 2006 with warm beverages, good friends, fabulous plumes and lots of COLD.  

This year, no chance:

I even failed to bring in the tent before a large snowfall got it:

Too late to do anything now.  Once it starts to melt, I can clean up the mess.

·
Premium Member
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Carl,

I'm afraid it would take more than a snowplow to clean off the track on the railing, to the left in my above picture. That's 25 - 30 scale feet of snow. You can see the catenary just poking out above the snow. Those little humps in the snow are the catenary masts. You would need something like Jim Hadden's steam powered rotary snow blower to do the job...

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Ya'll send your nice white stuff down to Missouri.  This is a shot from last fall.  The only difference between Fall 2007 & this New 2008 year is there are no leaves on the trees.

Larry Herget  LS-2173

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Posted By weaverc on 01/02/2008 7:48 AM

...... By the way, how come you have a red dot and I have a green dot?

This tells you if the user is online (green) or offline (red)

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
There's a bug in the system.  Dwight told me he could not post pictures either at this time.  Let Shad get things straightened out.  Since we were posting earlier this morning, hopefully it's nothing big.

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Haven't logged on in a couple of day's and look what happened /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/shocked.gif  My back yard looks about the same as yours here in central WI however the weatherman is calling for 49 degrees on Sunday - much better then the below zero with windchill we have today - darn it, no frozen Wi guy smiley face to choose from /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/tongue.gif

Kindest Regards,

PeteH

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.