G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't seen any posts about this event at Diamondhead yet.

This year there were 26 Shays in the lash-up. All running and most of the time connected together.  The poor Lindsay Shay (Jobush) in the middle was getting crushed.  Also the typical Diamondhead links were insufficient to hold up to the strain created by all that power.

Next year please everyone COME with STRONG LINKS and PINS in HAND!

There will be no reason to do this next year if the California group can't do any better than they have in the past!  Records are made to be broken not matched./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/whistling.gif

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
We need more time, ahead of time, to setup imo.

So we can do a link inspection, should make it run better, I have videos but they are kind of dark

-Andrew

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Andrew,

I believe this was your first time at Diamondhead?  You now have a full year to prepare for the next Shay-up.  It's really hard to light up an engine with it coupled to the one in front of it.  And then the gas only has so long to run after lighted.  You also may want to practice the "Shay-up Shuffle" so you don't trip on your running companions!

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
Ya, it was my first time at diamondhead, and definitely wont be the last. Its nice to steamup with people that have the same interests. All my friends are x360 junkies.

Signup sheet with the coupler type you have on the front and the rear would work then

Maybe we should invite chunk(goonies) to lead the shay shuffle with the truffle shuffle:D.

-Andrew

1 - 4 of 4 Posts