G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
Posted By David Leech on 01/13/2009 1:05 PM
The rear safety on mine seems to be set right at 60 psi.
I didn't get the front one to blow, so it might be set too high.
It really needs a good run to determine whether after the safety blows, it is capable of still making too much steam.
The boiler and burner designer, Dick Abbott suggests that in summer use, you only need three of the four wicks, but I kind of suspect that three will do in all weather conditions.
As I say, until I get it pulling a train on a long run, I can't determine how much steam it is capable of making.
I must say that the Forsythe multi tube boiler seems to be an excellent choice, as is Accucraft finding BMMC to build the loco.
All the best,
David Leech,
Delta, Canada

Mr Leech, I hope that one day we'll get to hear the full story on the development of this exceptional model of a greatly-loved prototype.

tac, still waiting for #41
www.ovgrs.org

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
Alan, I'll be over in Ottawa for the Great American Invasion this year, and hope to get the chance to meet up with D M-K while I'm there with my folks. Not sure that Stittsville has much else to offer now, though, as the HUGE sunday market has gone for good.

Might even toddle down to YOUR end of ONT, if pursuaded by threats of steam locomotives.

Best

tac
www.ovgrs.org

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
Dear Mr Morgan-Kirby - a bit of a low blow there, to remind me of my ignorance at the time. It's a big Gauge 1 world, and I'm a simple soul, and find it pretty hard to figure out quite where everybody fits in, especially those worthies who live four thousand miles away.

Nevertheless, in spite of my admitted ignorance of names at the time, and regardless of who did what to who, and how and when, my name was one of the very first on the order list, as my loco number is right next to that of Phyll Wright - a lady who was lucky enough to see it at first hand and make her mind up right there and then.

tac
www.ovgrs.org

1 - 5 of 5 Posts