G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Premium Member
503 Posts
Sunset Valley will be producing a nice consist of 1:32 Empire Builder cars for the S2
contact Pete for more info.
The pilot model looks quite a bit different than the Aristocraft 1:29 as the height/length aspect ratio is considerably lower.
I have my order in

jim

· Premium Member
503 Posts
Harlan et al,

I have been playing with the Aristocraft cars for many years and will be running with them my S2 before we get Peter's cars.
I have even heard of people who have sawed the cars in half to make them narrower. When we were at NSS, Pete and I compared
the new prototype 1:32 to the Aristo 1:29. One cannot reproduce the right look from the Aristos. The model cars are the same length, but the 1:32 is lower and narrower. In comparison, the aspect ratio is much lower with Pete's cars, much more than one might think just comparing scales. So the Aristo will work for the S2, but the look will be off compared to Pete's cars in simulating the real Empire builder.
Life is short. Run trains

jim

· Premium Member
503 Posts
Gary,
Sounds good. In another GN book I found that these car were probably left over from the 1910s and were probably not labeled
Empire builder, but that they served for quite a while.
that thery were 16 section is added information to me. This is important as we are trying to help Pete Comley develop the EB consist in 1:32
Keep me informed!
thanks

jim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.