G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
I have two blocks of unpainted 1/32nd seated slot car figures, intended to be placed in a grandstand. Ten figures total, two blocks of five each, They can be separated with a bit of care.

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
Preiser offers most of their figures in 1:32.  They tend to be relatively modern and would be appropriate for your train.  I bought some from St. Aubins in Las Vegas when I was visiting out there.

Llyn

·
Premium Member
965 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,145 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,910 Posts
The USAT figures Ridge Road sells are (to my eye, I havne't measured) closer to 1:32 than 1:29. The everydaygoodz figures are slightly less detailed.

I bought a set of MTH figures that were at my local hobby shop'. They are smaller than the USAT figures.

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
Jerry,
I have used the USA figures also with good results.

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
Hi Jerry,
Thanks. The table lights came this way from Aristo-Craft. I had to re-wire them as I now power them with 2 AAA batteries stored between the frame.

From the factory it was set up to run on track power, but I only run live steam and battery. So, some work was in order. My two dining cars were the hardest to do by far. All the others had the lights changed to LED's, and once again use batteries for power. I'm happy with the results but don't get many chances to run at night or indoors to show them off.

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Posted By chooch on 06/06/2009 4:50 PM

Jerry,
I have used the USA figures also with good results.

Those table lights can drive you crazy!

On my four heavyweights the lights had all gone out. This was because of the brass contacts between the three floor sections simply loose continuity, After I went through and soldered these contacts from the bottom, the roof lights worked, but not the table lamps when testing it with a 12 volt battery (down at ~10 volts). So I ripped out the guts and floors trying to figure out why the table lamps would not come on. When I pulled the floors I noted that the 8 LEDs are wired in series, so with ~10 volts each LED got ~1.25 volts and this just wasn't enough to get them to light. I put a power pack to the leads and sure enough, when the appropriate voltage was reached, the table LEDs came on just fine.

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
Toddalin, that's why I had to rewire the whole thing. There was all kinds of electronic 'crap' in there to be able to use track power. I didn't want or need any of it!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts