G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Attached is a Bmp of the coaches I plan to start as I have finnaly almost finished my Jumbos Goods train (and a couple others). They are based upon pictures provided by Ernie Noa. The plan is a stained finish. I have started creating the laser files.

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are much to big for Gauge 1.Also, I am st on a wood finish and the journey is a big part of the fun. I do alreadt have the Thomas coches in a modified state, two-tone paint, interiors and the end with the face properly sorted out.

Dave

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was able to test cut a chassis today and it went together with no drama. Hopefully by the next weekend I will have all the file prepared for the 2nds. I will post some pictures shortly.

·
Premium Member
5,910 Posts
that looks NICE!
Very nice - I see why you weren't interested in the Thomas plastic stuff!
(I built an IP Engineering Railcar from a wooden kit - much the same construction as yours?)
Please don't forget to equalize the suspension - most large scale tracks are not flat! I used the scheme that was prevalent on OO/HO years ago. On one axle, let the axle box ride in a slot, with the axle normally at the top of the slot. A small spring presses the axle bearing down, so when a bump is met, one of the axle ends can move down and keep the wheel on the track.

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Attached are a sample of the 2nd class. You are seeing the corner window and the first door. Ignore the crappy finish as it was just banged on from a rattle can. The last picture shows what the inside of the coach will look like. Obviosly, there will be an interior window molding to retain the window.

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Chassis V2. Shown is with no priming and has functional leaf springs. I plan to pull a couple around tomorrow.

DJ

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Finaly some more progress. I have four built to this stage. I have started the roof pattern. Lots of detail bits to make.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts