6,042 Posts
heck

Here you go Gary.

·
A Steamed Elder
3,857 Posts
heck

Here you go Gary.
Thanks John. :) Actually you will note that I had quotes around the heck. I DID have "aatch-eeee-double LL's". My bad. I guess the software is trying to clean-up the neighborhood.:rolleyes::cool: Now we have the "word police" on the prowl.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Thanks for all the posts on the detail of the scales and Detial parts in general. I don't think many of us hear will "Switch Scales" due to comments here, so I agree with the sentiment of "Let it BE" regarding 1/29 vs 1/32. We are both Mainliners runing on the same track! As a 1/29er I will always envy the fidelity of 1/32, mostly when standing ove my trains. Yet I got into G scale because 1/29 was affordable at the time, 1990. On the 1/29 note, I'm glad to see Accucraft forging ahead with the GP60 and SD9 as well as thier stock cars. I think the SD9 will make Aristo roll in it's "promisory grave"! As for my 1/32 friends, Accucraft's triumphs in 1/29 will no doubt help 1/32 production, and they are the only mainline G scaler giving us product announcements this year. USA do you hear me? 1/29 sacle Joke alert: "I only buy 1/32 cars and buildings, I only date women with small hands.......... It makes my train look bigger" ;0

·
Premium Member
4,478 Posts
I have 1/29 and 1/32. Seldom run them together, but have. Take a look at a real train, car sizes vary a LOT. I also have battery and track power a a few live steamers. I think the hobby is for fun, not arguing over scale. Do what you want, that's my theory. I might not agree with you, but you have your reasons and who am I to argue? I think we need to focus more on the fun part of the hobby and not argue so much.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just checked back here because the page I was looking at cited this one as "Recommended Reading." Reminded me why I stopped participating in certain forums. I hope we've all outgrown the "my way or the highway" stuff by now.

·
Super Modulator
21,041 Posts
I just re-read this thread in it's entirety, and other than a bit of harshness to Scot in one reply, I see nothing wrong with it.

Not one person said that 1:32 is right and 1:29 is wrong. There are indeed statements that 1:29 scaled stuff is on the wrong gauge track, which is true.

In fact this is a good thread dispelling many silly arguments why 1:29 and specifically Aristo and Aml dropped production. There was over production for the times, the market shrank and Aristo existed on sheer volume, when they went away, there were stacks of product on the docks in China (Ask Scott Polk about this!!)

Just for fun Paul, what post do you think is "my way or the highway"?

Greg

21 - 26 of 26 Posts