G Scale Model Train Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,910 Posts
I actually think Aristo is surprisingly tolerant of criticism on that forum. I've learned a lot about what can go wrong with aristo stuff there,. I've posted a lot of criticism myself. I know they've banned people, which I'm sorry about, but I'm trying to figure where it's in a manufacturer's interest to have a forum filled with constant complaints about the product? That's what forums like this are for. On the aristo forum you can still post a question and have the president of the compnay answer--even if he doesn't always give the answer you want.

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
USAT don't need one,there product says it all. AC does not like any type of criticism even if constructive. There forum has become a sales pitch for how good everything is. Later RJD

·
Super Modulator
20,518 Posts
I'm not cranky because I was banned from that forum. I was banned because of the things I said about the products. Nothing mean or nasty, just facts.

But having the a forum where the owner answers questions is not good if the answers are questionable or not believable. There were too many answers that were just not believable. Read the "kuppler" thread where it is presented as a new concept, would not couple to Kadee or other Aristo couplers because the knuckle opened the other way. Now, a 180 degree reversal, and direct competition to Kadee. The word "misdirection" was used to cover the 180 degree shift.

I can point you to tons of threads where the answers conflict with themselves. Aristo will eventually get smart and delete all these old posts, but for now, you can see a lot of "misdirection", like there are no problems with loose drivers and they have never had a complaint.

They used to be more tolerant, but now it is "no negatives, only positives".... and that is another quote...

So, the usefulness of that forum is about zero to me, and a number of others. Volunteering your time to help others needs to have some slight rewards, being hassled about your statements, even when based on fact, is not a reasonable return on the personal investment in time.

Regards, Greg

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
First - why is the format of this post so jagged up?

Second - USA Trains is a big online Retailer of trains. They are also a distributor for Lionel Trains...so in the grand scheme of things - Aristocraft may
have more rolling stock produced but consider what USA trains makes that no one really had the gumption to take a chance on:

ALL metal 1:29 scale locomotives. And NOT Brass!

In short - USA trains overall probably does more revenue as it is a divested business - Ogauge is tremendously larger than in sales than Large Scale in the USA...Lionel alone sells over $100 Million Ogauge...and USA Trains is the largest seller of Lionel in the USA - I believe...

As far as them not having a website? Probably the best thing. C Ro just do their own thing with little fan fare. One day, you go to their website and BOOM - there
is a new engine.

Much less headache that way...

21 - 24 of 24 Posts