G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
***This is a duplicate of the post under "figures" forum ***

I just thought I would share a source for some 1/24 scale figures and buildings which I have not seen posted on most of the train forums. The detail on the figures are better than most of what I have found and looks a bit like Prieser quality. The buildings are nice, resin and lighted, but a bit pricey... but it is only money. I personally like 1/24 scale figures rather than the slightly larger "G-scale " design figures to go with my 1/29th trains.

http://www.collectablediecast.com/category_s/198.htm

Here is a link that shows thier "saltbox" house.

http://www.collectablediecast.com/D...51580r.htm

Regards,
Jack
Tantarra Western RR

·
Registered
G Guage track, 1:22.5 (maybe 1:20.3) trains, 1:24 models (finding a working engine).
7 Posts
Jack,

Can't speak to the figures, but JUST PLAIN FOLKS is selling the buildings for substantially less See my Vendors at SWGRS Show over on the Events forum.
It is my understanding that: g guage is 45mm rails. on top of that can go 1:20.3, 1:22.5, 1:29, & even 1:32 trains. I think as long as the models one places are 1 maybe 2 steps smaller it will look fine. Although, since my cars and people have yet to arrive, it remains theoretical. I plan to have 1:22.5 trains (maybe an accucraft 1:20.3 ruby) and 1:24 cars, people, buildings. The plants I hope will be live.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
hi there,
yes, G gauge is 45 mm.
the difficulties start with all the scales that are produced for 45mm.
while 1:32 in 45mm gauge comes out as european standard gauge, all the other scales represent different smaller gauges (LGB 1:22.5 = german meterspur)
what you can combine with what depends on how exigent you are. (i'm running 1:22.5 with 1:32 figures)
for 1:22.5 figures look up Schleich figures. for 1:24 or 1:25 figures Preiser. both stiff priced.

if you would dive into the world of model figures, you can find lots of (modern) figures in 1:22.5 or 1:24
(mainly eastern european, japanese or chinese)

live plants? good luck! (if you live in the north of your country)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts