G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Both the locomotive I have and the one in the Bachmann video were likely assembled by more trained individuals then the typical production locomotive so one would expect fewer problems. Both of these locomotive do provide two examples of how Bachmann intended them to operate.

Stanley,

I can understand receiving your above mentioned perks as the named Tech Adviser for Bachmann....but isn't everyone who purchases this/any product due the same quality control and testing/tweaking?...

Like all in the Hobby, I too hope the reviewed example is just one in a million and all will be well...if not...

And if I may- Are we, as mere consumers, to expect less than something that operates as "intended"? If that is indeed the direction that Bachmann/Kader is headed (and from recent releases it could appear as such)...then NOS looks better everyday!

Cale

· Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Posted By TonyWalsham on 01/14/2009 6:57 PM
There has been no mention on the Bachmann forum of 2-6-6-2 review on the 1:20.3me blog.
Let alone any comment about the eccentrics.

I wonder why that is?

could it be that Children aren't privy to posting?
(mis-quote & double post corrected, SteveC mod.)[/i]
tongue & Cheek

Like Steve, I too want the Bman to succede....but if they keep turning out problem loco's they will lose their customer base. I'd still love to hear why some are built by more skilled workers?

· Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Posted By Pete Thornton on 01/15/2009 8:00 AM
I'm sorry but before I will even consider buying one of these (and they are pretty lokies!) I want to know what Bachmann is going to do about this eccentric problem as well as the other things listed in the review on 1:20.me!

To get back to the topic... I've read several folk's posts on various websites about the loco, and none mentioned a problem with the eccentrics, or anything else for that matter. The reviewer unfortunately didn't finish the job, by ascertaining whether this was a universal problem affecting all engines shipped, or just a glitch on this one engine.

The readers, like Steve, are left with a bad impression of the manufacturer. I think that's bad for the hobby and bad for all of us - at some point Bachmann will stop trying to build us fabulous new locos [not sure where a mythical 2-6-6-2 fits in there,] or will put up their prices to cover the cost of extra QA.

If that's the only problem stopping you buy one, then inspect the loco in the store before you buy it.

Hey Pete,

I did glance over the Bmann Fora a min ago and did see some problems addressed and work on those issues...

Sierra Sound in 2-6-6-2
http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,7723.0.html

Phil Stump, is working on sound fix...pretty interesting discussion for those non-dcc sound users.

and Phil again on the drive train problem as mentioned in review:

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,7942.0.html

then Andre did post the review, almost in it's entirety asking the Bman to respond:
http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,7940.0.html

there is another sound/QSI question posed as well...with no answer:
http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,7940.0.html

Another wiring issue:
http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,7932.0.html

Finally from "Across the pond" :
http://www.gscalemad.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=2614

Those first 5 are just from the Large start page on the Bmann forums, as to it being a universal problem...well only time will tell, but one really can't discount a review of a product just because only one subject was reviewed...I doubt any reviewer ever gets more than one unit to test?...heck even the video as provided by Bmann shows the problem (again as mentioned in the 1:20.me Blog review)

as a consumer with a very LTD budget, I want to know all I can about a prospective purchase..and if one gets a "bad impression" then decides to hold off on the purchase or not buy at all it may in the end save them some dough/headache/both?

An informed consumer is a powerful individual!

I look forward to the 2nd installment of the review as promised by Dan at the blog site.

cale

· Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Posted By Dwight Ennis on 01/17/2009 7:28 AM
With respect to Bachmann yanking that particular post, in all fairness to Bachmann, it could also be do to what in their eyes constitutes copyright infringement. Note Cale's post...

then Andre did post the review, almost in it's entirety asking the Bman to respond:
Bold mine

Andre' would probably have done better to quote a few sections and post a link to the entire review. Copyright infringement could also be just an excuse for yanking the post, but the "fair use" clause has severe restrictions on it now with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, and lawsuits over copyright infringement are very much a reality now. And we all know there's no love lost between Bachmann and 1:20.me. hehehe

Good Eye Dwight! I was wondering if anyone caught that? Yes; a link or smaller bits and pieces or even mentions of speculated issues could have been posted...probably ignored, but posted none the less.

cale

· Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Posted By lkydvl on 01/17/2009 8:47 AM
As to copyright, my thought was that since I was also noting where the material came from, it would not be an issue.

Andre`

Yeah me too, another reason I used the above quoted and bold text..oh well! We'll give you cool points for trying!

cale

· Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Posted By blueregal on 01/17/2009 9:15 AM
I was told legally if something appears on the internet it is fair game for anybody to re-post it or use it????????????I had my pics used after the fact owner had permission prior to ex-communicating me from his website, and used pic after being e-communicated! Kinda tacky huh? And we all know who this website is and the person doing the ex-communication, as a whole bunch of us have had the pleasure of his swift e-communicating axe!!! Hee hee LOL The Regal

Hint famous cleaning agent in his name for those who are the NEWBIEST! hee hee

easy, you left the "S" out of your laugh

· Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Posted By Mike Reilley on 01/17/2009 10:32 AM
It's sure hard to keep this thread on the topic of the Mallet.....

gotcha Mike, I was looking over your previous post...seems after reading that, it may be hard to keep trailing cars on the track behind the Meyer/Mallet/Artty...guess we can all just anticipate the next installment of the review?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.