G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
2,266 Posts
A very interesting review! I have my suspicions as to the identity of the reviewer as many of you do too. Considering the past "unpleasantness" with the K-27 and the three-truck Shay, it's probably best that the reviewer stay anonymous so that the identity of said reviewer doesn't color our perception of the review. Personally, I'm gratefull that 1:20.me has given us such a comprehensive review as Bachmann sure hasn't given us anything but the usual "fluff!" Now, getting to the "guts" of the review, I am concerned about this binding of the valve gear! Also, it would seem that Bachmann is bound and determined to promote that "supersocket" no matter what! I wonder why they felt it necessary to change the socket again?

· Premium Member
2,266 Posts
I'm sorry but before I will even consider buying one of these (and they are pretty lokies!) I want to know what Bachmann is going to do about this eccentric problem as well as the other things listed in the review on 1:20.me! Since I'm r/c, the "Supersocket Version 4.0" or whatever... will just get ripped out to make room for batteries so that's not an issue for me. In case anybody gets the wrong idea, I like Bachmann products!!! I want to see Bachmann succeed and this is NOT the way to do it! One can't make a problem go away by saying that the problem doesn't exist!! Nobody has reviewed the engine the way it needs to be done until 1:20.me! Why is that? Is Bachmann addressing this problem? So far.........

· Premium Member
2,266 Posts
Not to disagree but I'd still be pretty careful what I post. Just because it's on the internet doesn't give one carte blanch to use it! There's usually fine print somewhere that states that by posting on said site the poster gives up rights to the posting. If I use someone's picture in a post I always give credit to the photographer (and try to get their permission to post it.) Dealing with a business like Kader Industries is like walking through a minefield....you do so at your own peril and never know if and when something could blow up in your face! (Been there, done that!)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.