G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SUNDANCE CENTRAL MODULAR RAILROAD is preparing their final packing for our trip to the 28th National Narrow Gauge Convention in Portland, OR. The last POD will be loaded and headed to Portland next week.:)
We have been very busy with the new modules that will be added to our layout. David Revelia and Brian Nolan from our group have been working on the machine/blacksmith shop that is attached to the two stall engine shed. Here are a couple interior photos of the shops.
Richard

"

"

·
Premium Member
5,510 Posts
I know some machinists that would be quite upset that your crew has left swarf and chips on the machines!

Of course, I am making the assumption that those photos are of a model of a machine shop at 1:20.3 scale... other than the subject line of this thread I see nothing that would give away that fact.

I also have to assume that all the parts are glued down so they don't fall all over in shipping this thing... right? Otherwise, you'd better be sure the fire in the forge is completely out!!!!!

Simply jaw dropping modeling!

G

·
0 Posts
Man that just blows my mind. /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/shocked.gif
Toad

·
Registered
220 Posts
I am very impressed, its alive. Just one small thing, the lead screw on the lathe is bent, but seeing as its not shiney perhaps it's defunct ?

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Richard,

That is so believeable. Now you must figure how to add the smell of machine oil and cut metal. Truly outstanding. I plan to be in Portland and hope to see these models there. Are you going as well?

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
Richard

Some very fine modelling here ...

I assume most of the machinery is from Western Scale Models kits inside a scratch built structure and with many added details? As always, the paint and finish makes or breaks these models and the finish has been expertly done.

Congrats to your members on what should be a real crowd pleaser at the upcoming show.

Regards .. Doug

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
Oh my! That's astounding.

·
Premium Member
1,702 Posts
Wow! Good heavens man, that is astounding! The details are phenomenal, and make for a very realistic scene. I could go on and on pointing out particular items that are really cool. Thanks for sharing the pics.

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
When is this convention, and Where is it located in Portland?

Cn you just drop in or do you need advance tickets?

I do not remember seeing any advertisements for it, but since I go to Portland to visit my mother often, I would like to go.

John

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks to everyone for their comments!
C.T.-Yes, everything is glued down.
Rich-Yes, I will be at the convention along with the rest of our team members. See ya there!
Dougald-The machinery kits are from Western Scale Models. There are also a lot of scratch-built detail items including the shop.
John-As Rich pointed out the NNGC is September 10-13. Here is their website http://www.28thnngc.com/

Richard
Sundance Central Modular Railroad

·
Registered
514 Posts
Most impressive with extremely detailed work. I am sure that this and the other sections that go with it will be a star attraction.

The only items missing were coffee mugs as far as I could see, however,it still seems quite authentic.

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
Speaking as a retired machinist, old farm boy (used to old wooden buildings) and a hobby blacksmith: "Ho-lee Cowww...!" If you actually wanted to stink up the place, you might put down a few drops of oil from some b'smith's quench bucket. But I wouldn't.

That is simply a staggering piece of work. Any idea how many m/hrs involved?

Awesome

Les W.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts