G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
I live in Hendersonville, just south of Asheville. I run a mixed bag of scales but have been building an inventory of 1:20 equipment.

I've only been here for a couple of years. My new railroad is under construction. Hope to have something running in a couple of weeks.

Do you live in western NC or just passing through?

Doc

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I live near Asheville Airport, have a small track for Live Steam 30' or so x 10' and trying to make room for more.

G

·
0 Posts
Posted By docwatsonva on 07/19/2008 4:31 PM
I live in Hendersonville, just south of Asheville. I run a mixed bag of scales but have been building an inventory of 1:20 equipment.
I've only been here for a couple of years. My new railroad is under construction. Hope to have something running in a couple of weeks.
Do you live in western NC or just passing through?
Doc

Hi Doc, never met you here...so sorry-Howdy! K, I have some family just a few miles away up the hill between the golf course and the junkyard....

cale in sptbg

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Hi, K. I live here in south Asheville. I model the D&RGW mostly from the mid 1940's to early 50's in 1:20 scale, with a little touch of RGS. I'm currently in the process of building my layout in the backyard. I hope to be finished, up and running in the next week or two. Later, Bill

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds like some of us need to get together!
I knew I couldn’t be the only one in the area with this kind of Problem, Trains that is.
Any one running Live Steam? I have a Accucraft K-27 and most of my Equipment is PGN or Hartford.
Thanks for all Relpys !!!
Jeff

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
Bill,Jeff

I think we do need to get together. Who knows, there my be others. Cale would be less then an hour away too. We need to go off-line (email) and set something up.

When I left all my northern VA train buddies, I began to think I'd never have another chance to have face-to-face meets and share largescale railroading experiences.

Watch your emails.

Doc

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am new to model trains did some rc airplanes but I have become addicted to garden railroads when i learned about them. I live in Morganton, NC. I think I am more interested in 1/29th scale diesels, but I do like all trains and wouldn't mind maybe spending sometime with you guys helping out and learning in return. I don't know how often I would be able to get up their, but I would be will to come up every now and then. Just let me know if your interested or if you know of someone who may be interested in I what i like I would appreciate any referals. Thanks Jeff Czarkowski

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome to the world of trains. All my stuff is live steam a K27 and a 4-4-0 both from accucraft and a mix of cars from Hartford and Phil’s Narrow Gauge.

Again Welcome Aboard!

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
I've been out of town for a few days. Welcome aboard Jeff. It would be nice to put a little meet together. I'm not sure of the success of the MLS mail system so why don't you all, in this area (WNC), send me a note so I can put together an email list.

I'm just starting my new layout but I do have a big loop (20' X 50') layed down with no more than a 1% grade that can handle electric, steam and, of course, battery. I run all scales except 1:32.

If no one else volunteers to host, I will. Maybe in the next couple of weeks. BTW, you're welcome too Cale. I've often thought about dropping down to visit you.

My email is [email protected]

Looking forward to meeting all of you.

Doc

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
I'm in Salisbury, NC - not quite western NC, but not too far away, either. No layout at the moment, but I'd be interested in helping with some sort of get-together.

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
Ken,

Be glad to include you. A few weeks ago I was in your area with my son and grandson visiting the Spencer yards. It's about a 2 1/2 hour drive.

When I hear from the others, I'll get back to you. Thanks for the interest.

Doc

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
How far are you guys from Mocksville? Or a better question is how far is Mocksville, time wise, from you all?

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
Posted By Greg Stevens on 09/16/2008 9:00 PM
How far are you guys from Mocksville? Or a better question is how far is Mocksville, time wise, from you all?

Mocksville is just up the road from Salisbury, maybe 30 minutes away. It's about the same time to Ashville, maybe a smidge shorter, so I'd say about 2 1/2 hours or so, depending on traffic on I-40

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It would be Great to get together and talk trains. I will be out of town all of next week so hopefully we can all get together the latter part of September or maybe the first of October.
Doc I will send you a PM with my Email address.

Jeff

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hello, My name is Hunter and I live south of Charlotte in a small town called Monroe. I too am a new train person. Just found this site 5 minuets ago. Welcome here. I can't tell you anything, because I don't know anything with the G scale trains but, I'm having fun trying to find out. I just purchased an old train from a friends family. The grandfather passed away a year ago and they just now decided to let it go. I'm a 50 year rc airplane guy that wants something to play with inside. so Welcome.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm in Monroe and go to Salisbury for my VA stuff. I'm in for a group meeting. That would be great. Where could everyone want to meet up. I'll bring what I have so you guys could explain WHAT I HAVE. Ha Ha I'm a new train guy.. My number is 321-578-4487. Hunter

·
Registered
22 Posts
How about a video chat or something like that if we can't get together due to distance? Someone here might know how to make that happen. My mom 78 yrs old, non computer expert made it happen with her Elvis club meetings?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts