G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is another project under construction. Motorizing a 1:18.1 scale die cast 1929 Ford pickup. Did some slicing and dicing on the frame. Utilizing Brandbright spoked wheels for the front bogie, Simpson rear spoked wheel with Ozark sprung journals. Serv-O-Link gears and chain for drive, mabuchi can motor. This version will have a center chain drive instead of a driveshaft. Motor will mount perpendicular to the chain drive just behind the driver side fender. My next project in rail vehicles will be a drive similar to the early MAC trucks. Of course, this puppy will be weathered and distressed; if not, it would not be an MG Custom Model.
Thanks,
Marc

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
What you are doing is something i would like to try. Can,t wait to see the finished product and all the details on how you did it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks all,
I have a 1924 Cleveland Roadster that is being bashed into what could be an inspection car, however, is being bashed in to my railroads, COE, vehicle. This one is a little out of my norm, as it will be "to the fullest polish"! I'll post some photos later next week.
Thanks

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi All,
Been really busy with work, etc. and setting up my LLC for the hobby business, not done much more on the car. With a 4 week vacation now, I should be able to at least get this puppy up and running.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts