G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Published: Thursday, March 26, 2009
ST. LOUIS - The Museum of Transportation in St. Louis has announced plans to sell or give away some locomotives, passenger cars, and cabooses from its collection. The artifacts, all in somewhat deteriorated condition, are considered surplus to the collection.

The artifacts include:
• Porter-built fireless 0-4-0, U.S. Navy No. 7
• A tender to a Great Northern Baldwin steam locomotive
• MARC 66, an ex-Chicago, Burlington & Quincy E8 diesel
• NMOT 2918, formerly Wabash GP35 No. 547.
• U.S. Army 1844, a Fairbanks-Morse H12-44
• M&St.L RS1 546
• U.S. Army 150-hp, GE-built switch engine 7765
• FDS (Italian State Railway) Class E550 electric No. E550.025, a Westinghouse-built engine that runs on 3,000-volt 3-phase A.C.

Several passenger cars, cabooses, and a PCC streetcar are also available.

Interested parties should contact the museum through its Web site, http://transportmuseumassociation.org/.

BulletBob

·
Premium Member
2,746 Posts
I got e-mailed the catalog, some nice stuff, some yard art, and some diamonds in the rough.

A friend is guessing that the B&O museum will go for the dome maybe?

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
Wow, what a train-layout shed one of those passenger cars would make! A whole layout, indoors yet outdoors.

How would you get one in a back yard? I have a fence that backs up on public acess, but no rails.... A 94 S-10 just doesn't seem big enough, somehow. To pull with. That place is only about 30 miles from me. Maybe not that far.

Uh, I think my yard is only 60' wide. From somewhere I remember that passenger coaches run a tad longer.

Not to mention the collective heart attacks in the Florissant Better Homes Guard.

But could I ever screw up rush hour traffic, or what?

A free RR coach. I'm gonna mention it to Friend Wife.

·
Senior Dish Washer
3,203 Posts
Come on Les,

You're always talking about kit bashing. Too short is hard to stretch, but too long can be fixed with a Sawzall. :)

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
Rl & Jack

If I got that humongous thing in my back yard--and prob'ly both neighbors' on each side-- it'd be the first 'freelanced' passenger coach shown on the board. And I don't count rivets, I just note where the missing pieces are....

Les

1 - 8 of 8 Posts